Monday, March 5, 2012

March 5, 2012. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Shelburne.

We are in Nova Scotia to complete the task of purchasing the furniture and accouterments for the Guest House.  Today we drove to Shelburne to pay for objects we bought over the phone.  In addition, we were hoping to find a few other pieces of furniture that we are still missing.  Lastly, I wanted to talk them into storing the furniture for a few more weeks.  I bought a few things last September from the same store and they were kind to allow me to be kept in their storage.  But I told them that definitely, March 1st would be the day to deliver the furniture and unfortunately, the Guest House is not far enough along to allow the delivery to take place, so I need a little slack.

I could have them deliver the stuff to the main house but that means we must move them trice so I prefer not to do that.   They are very nice but they really do need their storage space, with the summer furniture arriving and my stuff taking up space.

This furniture is an usual store.  It has been in business for a long time.   Shelburne is a small town but the store is big.  They handle all kinds of furniture plus appliances and gas stoves.  And the sales staff has been with them for ages.    I bought several other items such as lamps and benches and , bless their hearts, they will deliver in a few weeks.   I love dealing with small local companies!!

No comments: