Tuesday, March 6, 2012

March 6. 2012. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Shopping.

Every day I go shopping, purchasing the belongings for the Guest House.   Today I shopped at the hardware  store in the morning and at the grocery store in the afternoon.   Then when the shopping has completed,  the cost must be entered into the list of belongings for the insurance company reimbursement.   On each receipt must be written the page and line on the list.  It is tedious.   Graham, our insurance adjuster, tells me that many people don't even bother with turning in the receipts, but rather take the 65% of the value given by the company.   I am too cheap, so I take the exercise seriously, but I don't really enjoy the process.

Firstly, shopping is difficult for me.  I don't like shopping and I don't know why.  Most normal people love to shop.  Secondly, I hate dealing with details.  Sitting still is also something I don't enjoy, unless I am reading.   I make a list and proceed with the shopping, then after the evening is done, I make a new list for tomorrow.  It seems to never end.

Gill will be here this weekend so we will go to Canadian Tire  and Zellers in Bridgewater to purchase shelves and towels and sheets.  Today I bought a washer and dryer from Sears.  For a while, we wondered if our old one would work.  It looks perfect but after closer inspection, the interior has rusted.  Evidently, the water used to put out the fire was from Victoria Lake, just across the road, and the water is brackish.  Thence the rust.  

Normally, I can make a good game  to  complete a difficult task, but this shopping job is tiresome.  It will soon be ending!!  And I am certainly grateful the Carriage House was small.  A whole house fire would be really terrible so I should stop complaining.   And I will.

No comments: