Wednesday, April 11, 2012

April 11, 2012. Harper, Texas. The Call.

I knew it was not good when I had an e mail from Suzanne to call Tammy, our farm manager in Pennsylvania.   There were three calls on my cell phone but my phone was out of juice.  This is not a call you want to make.  You know something is wrong.

The furnace in the old farm house had malfunctioned and spewed soot all though the house on all four floors.   Tammy said that every surface is covered.   Unfortunately, friends were coming this weekend to stay in the farm house.  Tammy had called Pete, our heating contractor, and he will come tomorrow to check it out.  I e mailed  Connie to tell them to cancel their visit to the farm.   I also left a message on their cell phone.

Before we contact the Insurance company or the Cleaning service, we need a report from Pete.  We have hot water heat at the farm house, so this is a puzzle.  There is always something with these old homes.

No comments: