Monday, April 2, 2012

April 2, 2012. Harper, Texas. Musicians.

I have spent the better part of the day talking with musicians, trying to find just the right kind of music to play at our 55th anniversary celebration.    It turns out that many musicians don't book events that far into the future, at least not the quality of musicians that I can afford.   One jazz guitar player flatly refused to consider a date in October, 2013.  He would like to do the job but he wants me to contact him in January, 2013.   At that time, he would be happy to put our date into his schedule, unless he has gone on a European tour.  So of the four different events where I want music, two are booked, one player has not responded and the fourth is a definite NO.   I can not wait until 2013 to book a musician.

Now I am really going out on a limb because I have not heard any of them play, but the caterer gave me the names of the musicians and she has heard them all at various events, so it is not the same as looking them up in the yellow pages, at least I hope it is.   But time will tell whether or not I have made mistakes.  So far, I have half the events covered so I must continue the process and hope more musicians have calenders for 2013.


No comments: