Thursday, April 5, 2012

April 5, 2012. Canyon Lake, Texas. A Book.

I can't imagine who told me to read this book, or why I down loaded it onto my I Pad.  It is a melodrama, straight from the soap operas.  It has everything you want in a Western, except it takes place in the twentieth century.  It has everything you ever wanted in a book:  unfeeling husband deceiving the good wife, corrupt and rich rancher trying to obtain the land of his neighboring ranchers,  two nasty sons willing to do the will of the greedy rich rancher, and the hero, who finally wins the love of his true sweetheart, of course after she was divorced from the bad husband.

If I had read the actual book, I would have skipped to the end to find out what happened but I was forced to read every page.   I must have read a review.  As the book takes place in Texas, I must have wanted to read it.  But in this first novel, by Kimberly Lewis,  every action is predictable, just like all the old westerns.  All the good guys win and all the bad guys are shot.  It is very heart warming but not much about literature.  The title of the book is When The Heart Falls.

No comments: