Monday, October 1, 2012

October 1, 2012. Artemas, PA. Cleaning.

Rita has a lot of energy, and she doesn't mind cleaning.  When she visits, she always helps,  doing anything she thinks that needs to be done.   Last year in Nova Scotia, she weeded the area all around the pond.  She said she enjoyed the exercise.  This morning, after breakfast,  she announced that she needed exercise and she asked if she could clean the living room for me.  I of course, said YES.

Tammy cleans our house.  She is a farmer's wife and the mother of five and a wonderful baker, but she is not an expert house cleaner.  In addition, when she came to clean, we were sitting in the living room, so she omitted cleaning that room.  I like my house clean but am not upset if the house is not pristine.  So for two hours this morning, Rita cleaned, dusting, sweeping, and wiping the spots on the floor.  She even cajoled Ian into vacuuming all the carpets and rugs in the house.  It was a bonanza of cleaning, with me cheering all the way.  I loved it.  And I especially loved the clean living room.

No comments: