Wednesday, October 3, 2012

October 3, 2012. Artemas, PA. Planning.

Today, Ian and Rita and Ken and I loaded our Christmas tree and all our decorations into the back of our truck.  They are heading for Mississippi and Texas.    In Mississippi, Kate and Mary Frances and I will sort the boxes of decorations and divide them between the two families.   Ken and I don't leave for over a week, but I are planning ahead, and Rita and Ian were willing to help..

Last year we had a discussion with Suzanne about her Christmas tree.  Their living room has a high ceiling and she commented that finding a big tree was difficult in San Antonio.  Ken admitted that we have a 9 foot artificial tree that comes complete with lights, used only once and now stored at the farm.  Suzanne suggested jokingly that we bring it to San Antonio and we all laughed.

I thought about the decorations and decided to pass them on now.  For the past five years, the Christmas boxes have stayed closed, but this year they will all have a new home.   For years to come, I will enjoy looking at the lovingly acquired decorations in the homes of the next generation of the family.  I even have several treasures from my Mother.  What started as a joke will soon occur.  I wonder if Suzanne remembers the conversation?

No comments: