Thursday, October 11, 2012

October 11, 2012. Artemas, PA. Moving On.

The human brain is genetically programmed to be looking for new adventures.  Just watch a child learn to walk.   The child tries very hard to perform the next trick, such as standing up, or climbing on the couch, and when accomplished, a look of delight comes across their face.  With loved ones looking on and applauding their success, the child will do it again and again, always with joy.   So all our life we look for new ladders to climb and new skills to learn and new places to go.

Ken and I love to be moving on.  Friends wonder how and why we can put up with only staying in one place for a few months but for us it is normal.  Nothing pleases me than organizing for the next trip.  We must be genetically programmed to be always on the go.  Fortunately, our jobs allowed us to move on to the next challenge.  Regina, who I worked with for over twenty years is the same.   She loved to know what we were doing next and was clearly bored if at work we were staying put with nothing innovative going on.

Yesterday and today I was organizing for the trip south.  My tasks are done.  Ken, as is normal,  has yet to begin.   That I think has never changed our whole life together, so it must be genetic.  I say nothing.  We have always been able to get in the truck at the same time with both our tasks completed and on time.   But I am always slightly surprised by Ken's last minute spurt, pleased but surprised!!

No comments: