Monday, October 29, 2012

October 29, 2012. Canyon Lake, Texas. Shopping.

I have been acting like Santa Clause.  I have my lists and checked them twice.   Today Ken and I went  shopping.  It seems a long time away, shopping for our 55th, but we will only be here one more time before the celebration begins in October, 2013, so I must get things done ahead.

First thing this morning I shopped at the Ace Hardware store in Satler.  It is a great store.  It is big and the working people are helpful so I enjoy shopping in their store.   As I walked in, a man offered to help so of course, I said yes.  He accompanied me to the lighting department and helped me chose the bulbs that Ken had on his list.  Then the man stayed with me, helping me find tubs for recycle cans at the ranch, then four coffee pots, a shelf needing assembly and finally a large sturdy cooler on legs.  Finally, after checking out, the Manager helped me load the truck.  The whole shopping experience was a pleasure.

Next Ken and I went to Cosco in San Antonio.  It was a polar opposite to my shopping at Ace.    The store is huge with no sign in sight and no one to ask so I spent the first fifteen minutes just finding out where things were located.  Ken had a list too so we quickly lost each other.  But the shopping was great.  I bought towels for the bunk house, paper plates and plastic cutlery, hot and cold cups and large plastic bags for the trash bins.  

Cell phones are great for finding your husband.  Both our baskets were full so we checked out.  The checker was fast and the young man fitted the baskets so we were out of the store quickly.   Then we filled up the truck, the whole truck.  We are well on our way to completing our list.

No comments: