Saturday, October 27, 2012

October 27, 2012. Canyon Lake, Texas. Cold.

Last night at the ranch the temperature went down to 42 degrees.  Last evening while sitting in the living room we enjoyed the warmth of the gas fireplace as well as the heat from the furnace.  This morning when we left the ranch it was only 50.   Texans love it when the cold northern air blows in perhaps they know that soon the heat will come back.  For example, the 80 degrees will return on Sunday, but in the meantime, Texans shiver in the cold air and congratulate each other that they had some rain too.

Ken and I are pleased to be using the furnace heat at the lake house but we prefer the open windows and the 75 degree days.  We thought we went south for warmth but today we needed wool socks to keep warm!!  I went for a walk late this afternoon, wearing a T shirt and light long pants.   By the time I returned I was so cold I took a shower to get warm.  How soon we forget about being a Canadian.

No comments: