Wednesday, May 1, 2013

May 1, 2013. Jackson, Mississippi. Celebrations.

My life is one long celebration.  I must say, it is a nice life.   This evening we celebrated the birthdays of Andrew and Christina.   Ken and I were not here on their birthdays of April 23 and April 26, so tonight we gathered together at Anjou, a lovely french restaurant, for  their birthday dinner.   Linda, Christina's mother joined us so we were a happy group of eight celebrating birthdays.

Ken and I arrived early and had a drink at the bar.  While we were waiting, we read the menu and discovered that the restaurant had a pre set fixed priced four course dinner, which we promptly decided would be a good thing for our group.  To us, it seemed to be more festive to serve multiple courses, and the portions are almost all small.  As we were paying the bill,  we told everyone that it would be like dining at our house and they would eat what we prepared.  They were delighted.  The only difference was that there were at least two options for every course.

It was a wonderful meal.  A good time was had by all.  Now, we are officially finished with birthdays until the end of August.  In addition, I drank a silent toast to my sister Carol.  May the first was my sister's birthday.

No comments: