Tuesday, May 21, 2013

May 21, 2013. Artemas, PA. Peculiar People.

My Mother often told us a quote from an old man:  "The whole world is queer except me and thee, and sometimes I am not  sure about thee."  Dig deep enough,  you can find peculiar patterns of behavior in almost everyone, even yourself.

This morning I was dressing to meet our friends Phyllis and Fred for lunch.  Our plan was to meet in the Japanese restaurant in Hagerstown.   I chose the skirt.   It is one I am thinking about taking on our big trip next year and I wanted to see if it was comfortable.   So many of my tops have been removed to other homes that I could only find two short sleeved shirts in the closet.   The one pale beige would have been fine but it is a bit sheer and I always wear it with a jacket and as it was already 85, no jacket was needed, which left me with one dusty rose color top.   It looked OK with the skirt so I pulled it out, only to find that the tags were still on the shirt.   In other words, I had never worn that shirt.  Not ever.

Now I shopped only and always with Amy.  I shopped with her every two years.  But I have not shopped with her for eight years, which means that the shirt has been hanging in my closet ever since my last shopping trip.  Now you must admit that is peculiar.

I must admit that I have had the habit all my life to never wear new clothes immediately.  Same with shoes.  I put them in my closet and just wait.   But eight years is really peculiar.   It just means that I had too many clothes, I guess.

No comments: