Thursday, May 16, 2013

May 16, 2013. Artemas, PA. The Folder.

Today, Ken had occasion to bring me my personal file, the one with copies of my graduation certificates from high school and college along with marriage certificate.  It is the same folder that Ken brought me when correcting our marriage date.  I had been telling people for years that we were married on August 28.  He finally gave me the real date which was 27 of August, all from my own folder.

I am in the process of renewing my American passport.    Our identity was stolen in 2006 so the man from the state department called to ask for copies of my drivers license and social security card, so Ken brought me my folder to find my SS card.  It turned out that they did not need it after all and my new passport has approved, but meanwhile I reviewed the papers in the folder.

Now I know there has been escalation of grades in high school.  When I was in school in Toronto, 50 was a pass and was a C, 60 was a B and over 75 was an A.   But my high school grades were atrocious.  I have often counseled  parents whose children are not getting top grades, telling them that it is OK, as long as their grades were able to get them accepted to the next level, which it did for me.  But I blame Ken.  We met.  I was already seriously busy so had little time for home work and study.  Now I was spending time with Ken.  It is a wonder I passed!!  But it is all in black and white.  One day I will show it to my grandchildren, but probably not until I am 99!!

No comments: