Thursday, May 9, 2013

May 9, 2013. Jackson, Mississippi. Hockey.

The truth is, I don't even like watching hockey.   But here I am, watching parts of two games each evening and  enjoying them both.  The difference I think, is that we are at Andrew and Christina's home, watching the games together.  Andrew loves hockey and is very enthusiastic so I get caught up with the spirit of the moment and cheer along with every one else.   Two games are on two different channels so we can flip back from one to the other, unless the Caps are playing,  when we just watch that game.

I have watched more hockey this past two weeks than I have for the past two years.   I love the speed of the game and I love it when many goals are scored.   I love the clever plays and the quick passes.  And my favorite goal is the short handed goal.   What I don't like are the fights and the rough play.  If I am in charge of the clicker and a fight breaks out, I turn the game off immediately.  It is so stupid to watch grown men standing on skates trying to wrestle and box.  Just get on with the game.  But it has been fun watching the games with Andrew and Christina.  Even Molly  chooses the good guys and the bad guys.  But soon it will end.  We have no TV at the farm as we left our satellite dome at the lake in Texas.  For now, I am enjoying the games, most of the time.

No comments: