Wednesday, May 8, 2013

May 8, 2013. Jackson, Mississippi. Coffee.

The ladies meet about once a month for coffee and a desert.   They rotate hosting the coffee parties.   When I am in town, a coffee is always held and I love it.   The children come too, all dressed up and looking fancy.   When the children arrive with their mothers,  they just go off and play and only appear in time for dessert, while the ladies talk, just like adults.   The event is rather elegant, with the coffee served from fancy trays and china mugs, with real linen napkins too.  It is lovely with always a special, home made desert.   It is a such a nice way to entertain in this simple but elegant manner.

The topic under discussion today was scheduling.  The ladies all have children,  who are being home schooled, so these ladies are busy.  They run busy homes and have busy lives.  One lady, who is an artist,  is trying to do a better job of scheduling her days.   The conversation was lively and spirited.   My contribution to the discussion was to say that she is creative and does it automatically.  I organize both time and objects intuitively, without any thought but have not an ounce of creativity.   I did suggest to her that trying to schedule for her will be difficult whereas for me it is automatic, so not to expect perfection.

This conversation was raised because I have asked her in the past to find time to paint.  She is a wonderful painter but with four children and a husband and a big house and home schooled children, time is difficult.   Thus I am somewhat responsible that she raised the topic today.

Last year in Nova Scotia, I held a coffee at our house and it was enjoyed by all.  I will do it again this year too.   These ladies only coffee parties are great.

No comments: