Monday, May 6, 2013

May 6, 2013. Jackson, Mississippi. Keeping Track.

I have a great deal of difficulty keeping track of things.   Simple stuff, such as changing the beds always require some thought.  When my life was normal and we lived in one place most of the time, I had no problem.  I always changed the bedding on the same day of the week.  Now I have been forced to have a system.  I always change the sheets the day before we leave so when we return, I count how many night I have slept in the bed, plus one for the last night before we left.   After a week, I change the sheets.  But I am always required to count, usually in the middle of the night.

Clothes are an issue too.  I have brought clothes to all our homes but unless I look, I can not keep track of what I left in what house.  I used to keep a list but it is too difficult because sometimes I move from one place to another and I forget to change the list.   Our trip to New Zealand will be challenging as far as the clothes are concerned.    I own clothes necessary for the trip but they are not all in one place so I must gather clothes from the farm and the lake and the condo in order to pack.   And I must keep track of where they all belong.  The shoes too are an issue.  I have no black dress shoes in Mississippi so Sunday at brunch I wore an elegant outfit but river sandals.

The medications are not easy either.   We must provide enough medicine for when we are in Nova Scotia for the summer and for Mexico for the winter.   Keeping track to be sure I have the correct number is not easy.  The insurance company makes it difficult too as you can not really obtain more than three months supply at one time.   You can over ride but only once a year, which is not much help to me.

People tell me we have a very complicated life and they would be right,  but they really are only scratching the surface of the complications in our life.  But at least we are never bored!!

No comments: