Monday, May 20, 2013

May 20, 2013. Artemas, PA. Shopping.

Our routines are coming back to us.  This morning we drove to the re-cycle place just north of Clearville and separated the glass from the plastics from the metal and deposited them into their proper container.   And we left all our old magazines too.  It is impressive how much stuff accumulates from these small places.   This plant covers all of Bedford County.   I always wonder where all this stuff goes?

We went to the big grocery store called Weiss.  Ken remembered that it was much better than the small store in Everett and he was correct.  It is a fine store, especially for a small town like Everett.  Actually, the store is half way between Bedford and Everett.    Both of us shopped.  Now we hope to not shop before we leave for Nova Scotia.

One thing I did forget was how to handle eggs.  We have guests coming to stay so I bought eggs.   Ken and I never eat eggs so I became unaccustomed to handle them and I dropped the whole dozen on the floor, in the kitchen.  Much to my great surprise, only three eggs broke.  Ken cooked jambalaya for dinner and put the three eggs into that dish so nothing was lost, except my dignity.

The drive was lovely, one way up and another way back.   On Big Creek Road a major development is being built.  It is all very exciting.  There will be horses and a small store and cabins and trail rides.   It is a big deal for Artemas.

No comments: