Thursday, June 13, 2013

June 13, 2013. St. John. N.B. Chateau Saint John.

It is a lovely hotel, the Chateau Saint John.  Our room is spacious and gracious.  Our slow journey to our Nova Scotia home has been delightful.  Today we drove for three hours from Bangor to St. John, right across the countryside of Maine.    With no delay at the border, we were soon enjoying Highway 1 in New Brunswick, where the road is wide and smooth and the traffic almost non existent.  

At dinner tonight I told Ken that we are coming this route every time, just to be able to come to dinner at Billy's Fish Restaurant and Market in downtown St. John.    My scallops and sausage dinner was delicious.   I want to come again.    It was not pleasant to walk into town and we did not want to get in the truck so we took a taxi, which was a smart thing to do.   The down town area is old with narrow streets so we enjoyed the lack of hassle.

Unfortunately, the basketball game will be in San Antonio at 8:00 tonight, which means 10:00 in St. John.  I wish the Spurs well but I doubt I will watch.  Too late for old people!!

No comments: