Tuesday, June 25, 2013

June 25, 2013. Western Head, N.S. Ladies Coffee Party.

I stole the idea from Christina and her Mississippi friends, but now every year when we arrive, I host a coffee party for the ladies.   And the ladies like it.   The local men meet for coffee regularly in town but the women do not, so these ladies are delighted to attend an only ladies allowed event.   There are differences between my event and the coffee parties I attend in Mississippi, but the spirit is the same.

The goodies I serve are not home made or fancy such as I am served down south.   There, everything is elegant from the desserts to the coffee pots to the china cups.  I buy the goodies from the grocery store and we all sit at the dining table and dig in.   But the coffee was good and plentiful and the food I served was tasty so everyone was happy.

These ladies today are a nice group who are active in the community.   And they never complain, in true Nova Scotian manner.   I stole the idea and I will continue the pattern.  We might even start drinking coffee downtown!!

1 comment:

Mostly Mosaics by Martha said...

Finally found your blog! So, will do better to keep up with where you are and when you are there! So many different homes -- how fun! We have one - and now two invitations to the Anniversary!! It is very hot for us -- 85-90 with 85-99% humidity! We did pick cherries today -- pie for tomorrow. And we have a potluck for Saturday - so may pick more cherries. Our apple trees are bending low with the weight of unripe apples. Flowers are lovely -- we finally got our luggage from our trip to Seattle; and the washer is functioning well!