Monday, June 24, 2013

June 24, 2013. Western Head, N.S. Blossoms.

The flowers are abundant, here in Nova Scotia late in June.   The pond is beautiful with tiny white flowers cascading into the water while the purple and yellow flags standing tall all around.  Going into town, you see large bushes covered with purple flowers and small trees full of white blossoms.   It always comes as a surprise to find so many flowers in bloom late in June.  In the DC area and in the south, the blossoms are all gone long ago.  

In town, the wild rose bushes are in bloom but here at the shore we see only buds on our own rose bushes.  Western Head is cooler than in town.  Global warming has been a major asset to our area, especially as we are only here in the summer.  People in town drive out to Western Head to get cool when the temperature gets to 80 degrees F.   The blossoms stay around longer out here and for that we are grateful.

The gold fish have survived the winter too.  We have five fish.  Right now I am getting them trained.   I want them to come immediately when I drop the food into the water.   It is probably a bad idea for the fish but I like to watch them so I will continue my task.   Gill wants me to weed the flower beds but I think not.  Ken is in charge of the outside world and I don't wish to interfere.   I will merely enjoy the colors of the blossoms.

No comments: