Friday, June 14, 2013

June 14, 2013. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Home Again.

I have been telling everyone for ages that we would be in Nova Scotia on June 15.  It is on our calendar too.   We booked the ferry for June 15 and the hotel in St. John for June 14.  In order to have a leisurely drive, we left a day early, on Monday,  and paid no attention to the calendar.   So today, when I went into the ferry terminal to get our boarding card, the young lady laughed and asked if I was having a senior moment, because we had ordered our ticket for tomorrow.  I laughed and laughed, as did Ken who had come in with me to the terminal.  

Evidently, we had already arranged the days to have a leisurely drive and by starting out early, we just arrived a day early.   The hotel folks did not say a word, but just checked us in.   The young man did ask Ken if we were staying over for the 14th but he said no.   The code for the wifi was Jun 13 which made me wonder as I knew we were taking the ferry on the 15th so we were obviously at the hotel on the 14th.   Oops.

Although it was a mistake, we were both delighted to be back to Nova Scotia and to our ocean home.   It is lovely here.   One day early is a blessing.

No comments: