Saturday, June 8, 2013

June 8, 2013. Artemas, PA. Moving Chores.

You would think that we should have a check list  but we don't, perhaps because every place we leave is a bit different.  As usual, I set things out in the spare bed room that are going to Nova Scotia.   I have already organized goods going south in the fall.  For some reason, I can't think at the last minute.   But we are beginning to get ourselves organized to leave the farm.

Today we took the recycled stuff to Clearville.  And my bag with medications is already at the door, ready to load into the car.  In the event of a winter trip to Nova Scotia, I am taking my beaver coat with us now.     You never know when I will be cold at Western Head.   Tomorrow, Ken will make our last fire to burn up our trash and I will check the old farm house and close it up.  And we will visit with the Jay"s to be sure they know we are gone.  We have paid our bill with Gary, our lawn man, also the plumber.

First thing tomorrow morning I will do laundry and change the beds.  The towels I will leave.  After the laundry and the fire, we will be ready to leave on Monday after breakfast.   We are giving ourselves plenty of time to enjoy the journey.  We might even get to see a bit of St. John, the oldest city in Canada.  The art gallery in Portland has a wonderful show right now, so perhaps we will stop to see it too.  But maybe not.  Once we are under way it is difficult to get us stopped!!  But here we go...again.

No comments: