Friday, June 7, 2013

June 7, 2013. Artemas, PA. New Bags.

Three friends came to visit us in Mexico using new,  four wheeled, very light suitcases.   All three gave their new bags a high rating, and recommended we buy new bags.  Our response was to say that we have good bags and although small, were adequate.   Ken and I did have a conversation about our bags, me saying that we needed to be very careful with our packing due to the size of the bags and the length of our big trip, Ken to comment that we could always buy bigger bags.  That was three months ago.  We said nothing more to each other about bags.

In Hagerstown this week, we stopped by AAA to upgrade our maps.  For several years, we have not carried the regional books from AAA  in the car, but recently, even Ken had missed having them along.  I like to look up information about the towns we are driving through, so we also acquired the books.

While Ken was getting maps, I went to the rest room and discovered that in the very back, they had  those new fangled bags for sale.   I immediately called for Ken to come and look at them.    I made a fuss, because twenty people were meeting with AAA people planning their trip, while I yelled from the back all the way to the front.   We opened up the bags, which are bigger than our old ones and are very light.  And they have the four wheels.  

When we discovered that when you bought one bag, the second bag was half price we were sold.   Now, waiting in a bedroom, to be taken south, are our two identical bags, ready for the big trip.  Whew.  I believe that I can now fit in my fleece vest.

No comments: