Saturday, June 15, 2013

June 15, 2013. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Overwhelmed.

Gill and I don't understand why we both feel overwhelmed.  We arrive at our house, and for some reason, we feel required to get everything done immediately so we feel overwhelmed by the list of tasks  that need to be done.   Gill is upset with her yard.  It is a mess and the whole thing needs to be weeded so she feels unable to get it done.  Actually, she needs someone to look after her yard.  She hates weeding.

A new company cleaned our house in June.  From top to bottom, they did a true Spring Cleaning so the house is spic and span.  The problem is that the furniture is in the wrong place so the first thing I did upon arrival was put everything in the right place.   The interesting thing for me was why I could not just leave it for another day?    We were tired from the trip and I felt compelled to be moving furniture.

Next I attacked the garage and got it organized and again put things in place.   Finally, I opened my bags and put clothes and medications away.  Only then was I prepared to eat dinner and go to bed.

By today, the sense of being overwhelmed had disappeared.  I have yet to do anything with the outside furniture but I will get to that tomorrow.   It is the first day upon arrival that brings the sense of being overwhelmed.  It is foolishness but it is real.   Maybe  I will get better when I get old, and Gill too.!!

No comments: