Tuesday, September 17, 2013

September 17, 2013. Double D Ranch, Harper, Texas. Attitude.

Attitude is everything, as does a good night sleep.   By noon today, the air conditioning system on the second floor of the Top House is up and running, thanks to Pat.  And the belongings we brought with us have been removed from the truck and put in place in the ranch house.  Now we are ready for the next stage.

I have been worrying through the electrical plugs for the 14 trailers but this morning after a conversation with Pat, I have passed responsibility to him.   Ken will review the specs for the trailers and he and Pat will decide where they will be placed.  Pat and I have been in conflict.  I want all 14 electrical plugs installed right now so we will be ready to just plug them in.  Pat, the electrician, says we should wait until the trailers are in place.  Then he will run the lines and plugs.  His thinking is that the folks who deliver the trailers might not be able to back the trailers into the spots we have selected, which would mean moving the plugs.  Finally, I passed the task totally to him.  I will have no anxiety in the future and go on to other things.   My attitude is that if I do not control the event, I will not worry, so I don't.

The situation is exactly as it was yesterday concerning the electricity and the trailers, but my attitude has changed so all is well.    Attitude is everything to your peace of mind.

No comments: