Tuesday, September 24, 2013

September 24, 2013. Double D Ranch, Harper, Texas. Green.

When we arrive in Texas and drove by the backside of the dam on the way to the Lake House all we could see was brown grass.  Brown was everywhere.   The ground at the RV park at the dam was brown.  Everywhere you looked you saw brown, brown, brown.  But something magical has occurred.

This morning, we drove from the Lake House to the ranch.  Everywhere we looked we saw green.   The big hill from top to bottom  at the dam was green and all the way along the road we saw green fields.   Our route took us along back roads, green back roads.  They looked wonderful.  But like everything else, for the first hour, all I saw was the green, but soon I got used to the look of green, and the magic became regular and ordinary and I stopped watching for the green.

But I knew about the magic of the rain and although I stopped being amazed at every turn, I still felt grateful for the rain, the magic of rain.   Everything at the ranch is green.  I wonder how long it will last?

No comments: