Friday, September 27, 2013

September 27, 2013. Harper, Texas. Chores.

Most of my day has been taken up with chores of one kind and another.  In many ways, routine chores are reassuring.  They certainly are brainless so the tasks can be accomplished with almost no conscious thought.  But every so often, the brain must get in gear and correct an error or make changes to make the soup better.

Today I did the laundry which meant changing the bed and wash, dry and fold our clothes.   Each time I complete my laundry chores I am grateful for my birth in 1937.  One hundred years ago laundry was a time consuming task.  Next I made soup from scratch, which we ate for lunch.  It was a hearty vegetable soup that was both nourishing but tasty.  I unloaded and loaded the dishwasher.  And I made a list of  supplies to be purchased in town tomorrow.

Of course, in between chores I read my book about Taiwan and responded to e mails.  It took me until mid afternoon to get out of my night shirt and I never did shower.  I stayed at home in our Top House the whole day long.  And I did not see a soul but Ken.  It was a pleasant but unusual day.    After dinner we watched our last disc of the Murdoch Mystery series.  Three episodes long, but at last William and Julia will be together in the next series.

No comments: