Sunday, September 29, 2013

September 29, 2013. Harper, Texas. Trudbol.

Julien Neel is his name but goes by the name Trudbol professionally.  I found him on the internet quite by accident when  listening to other You Tube videos.  The first time I saw him I thought he was singing with one leader singer and his three triplets and after I watched one or two more, I realized that there is only one person, whose name is Julien Neel, and he sings multiple parts.  He is an excellent singer and I enjoyed listening but forgot all about him, until Friday night.

Ken had gone to bed and I wanted to hear choral music so looked up Only Men Aloud on my iPad.  They are a wonderful group from Wales and I enjoyed listening to them.  On the side list were more videos by Julien Neel and discovered that he has recored bunches of songs, all acapello and most all done by a quartet all singing all parts by himself.  I loved it.  He plays all parts individually, then puts them all together.

I looked him up and discovered that he is from France, but born in Athens, and records all these multi track tunes all by himself.  He also has other people from around the world singing on his videos too, but they never really see or sing together.   They sing and he records.  Then he puts the parts together which must be very difficult but clever.  He is a young man who evidently is in a PhD program in France.  I always wondered how he makes his living making these clever videos for You Tube.  It is amazing what you hear at midnight all by yourself in the Hill Country of Texas.  This is  indeed a wonderful world.  The only problem is that you can never attend a Julien Neel quartet in person!!

No comments: