Monday, September 30, 2013

September 30, 2013. Harper, Texas. Birthdays.

Yesterday, my wonderful daughter in law Suzanne celebrated her birthday.   Actually, she turned a year older yesterday, but as she was teaching her second grade class yesterday, no one could really call it a celebration.   It is still a very important day of the year because 44 years ago Suzanne was born, making it the most important day of her life.  This weekend, the whole family went to see the story of the Mormons.  After Suzanne purchased the tickets, she realized it was not really appropriate for the girls, but she decided to attend anyway.   I reminded her of my Mother's philosophy which was that if the child could understand what was happening, all was OK, if the child could not understand the nuances, the child will not be harmed.

Suzanne was my first daughter in law.  She was everything a wife of my son I could possibly want.  She was and still is very energetic and agreeable.  She loves my son and her children and is unfailingly pleasant and helpful to us.  Ken and I are very fortunate.  And although we were not with her to celebrate with her yesterday on her birthday, we drank a toast in her honor.  And we wish her many, many birthdays, my wonderful daughter in law Suzanne.

No comments: