Tuesday, November 12, 2013

November 12, 2013. Harper, Texas. A Lovely morning.

I wouldn't want to do it every day, but this morning has been a delight.   Here it is, 12:15, and I have just showered and dressed and have yet to go downstairs.   Ken brought me coffee at 8:30.  I was already sitting in my chair catching up with the news and views in my iPad and I just never got up.   It was cosy and warm.  After Ken ate breakfast, he came upstairs to the computer and with me reading and him hard at work, we did nothing except enjoy the morning.

Ken reported to me that although the temperature was 59 when we woke up at 7:30, by 8:30 it had dropped and was now 40.  "By nightfall it may be 30", says Ken, so it was a perfect morning to stay warm  and stay upstairs.

I know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but every so often, it can't hurt.   Today, my first meal of the day will be lunch.  Is this a good thing or a bad thing, I wonder?   It is kind of like being retired.   Is it a delight or am I just being lazy?  Perhaps it is a bit of both!!    Today, there is no ambiguity.   I had a lovely morning.

No comments: