Sunday, November 3, 2013

November 3, 2013. Canyon Lake, Texas. A Good Read.

My life has been hectic these past few weeks and my reading has been neglected.  I have kept up with  political articles and magazines but the books have been waiting.  Last week in Mexico, I seemed uninterested but now that we are back to normal, my reading habit has returned, but on an easy scale.

This book is a terrific read, especially for someone like me who loves to read about successful people.  Zev Chafets is the author.  His style is breezy and sparse, which makes for a good quick read.  The book is called  "Roger Ailes: Off Camera."  It is not really a biography, just the story of how Roger Ailes got to be successful, which I find interesting.

Throughout the book, the author tells stories about famous and not so famous people, stories I have never heard before and were very funny.   One story about Barbara Streisand is a hoot.  You must read the book.  I am not telling.   I have enjoyed reading this book.  Anne Tyler has been quoted as saying that she loves reading because she can be in more than one place at the same time.   This book makes me feel as if I have known all these people through the years.  It is a good read.

No comments: