Saturday, November 2, 2013

November 2, 2013. Canyon Lake, Texas. 45 Days.

The weather is beautiful at Canyon Lake.  75 degrees and sunny.  Perfect weather.  The rain came down and the lake went up, which is a good thing.   Everything at the lake looks better with more water in the lake.  The Hill Country is still short of rain,  even though Austin got 12 inches last weekend.  As the shuttle driver said when we asked about the rain. "We always want more rain in the Hill Country."

Now I have a list of what needs to be done over the next 45 days.   Ken and I must return to the ranch and finish fixing it up after the 55th.   I must organize and wrap the Christmas gifts for the Texas family and leave them with Suzanne.  I discovered to my horror that I have not one gift selected for Suzanne.  Some of the clothes at the lake and the ranch I may take on our New Zealand jaunt, but I must carefully sort and select the clothes.  We are taking one case each and a carry on to last us the five months.

Then we drive to Mississippi, right after Thanksgiving, or perhaps just before.   Again, I must organize the Mississippi family gifts.  And finally, I must pack my case.  I must do it early because I might need to pare down my stack of clothes.  I need clothes for fancy events and clothes for cool and warm weather.  But we do not need to take clothes for snow.  My next 45 days will be busy but now I can work from my list, which reduces anxiety.  Along the way, we will enjoy all the social events that come with Thanksgiving and Christmas, so here we go.

No comments: