Monday, November 25, 2013

November 25, 2913. Ridgeland, Mississippi. Rain and Shopping.

I thought the day would be perfect for shopping.  The weather was cold and rainy so sensible people should have stayed at home.  It turns out that everyone went to the stores, including me.   But I was successful with the shopping, even though I was gone four hours.

Last evening I made a list of every task needing attention.    By the time we leave on December 28th, every task must be checked off the list.   In addition, tonight I remembered tasks I had forgotten to put on the list, such as order nuts for gifts, so my list is growing.    Thinking is so much more difficult than doing, so when the thinking part is done and you have made your list,  I always feel relaxed and confident.  Now I just must do it!!

We have never lived in a place that gets 52 inches of rain a year.    Today it has rained all day.  Starting at 2:00, it has rained hard and it is still is pouring.  Fortunately, Ken and I are snug as bugs in our little condo, so we don't mind.  It just seems so unusual after spending two months at the ranch.     They do not pray for rain in Jackson.   The conversation at the grocery store is to ask when the rain will stop?   They are not complaining, just observing.   It is fascinating to note the difference from one place to another.  Of course, when you see the lush foliage and large trees in Jackson,  you know they have an abundance of rain, and I never complain either.  I love the green look!!

No comments: