Thursday, November 28, 2013

November 28, 2013. Ridgeland, Mississippi. Thanksgiving Day.

Everyone says the same thing.  "Thanksgiving is the nicest Holiday in the year".    I believe them too.   You have no decisions, except what kind of rolls to serve with the turkey.  

This evening at dinner, we started a new tradition.  Instead of one person asking the blessing before dinner,  at Andrew's suggestion, we all gave our own thanks silently and individually.   Interestingly though, we all said Amen together.    I suspect that practice will continue and will become a tradition at their Thanksgiving feast for their family.

Tonight at dinner, Christina made changes to the menu.  We ate cheesy potatoes.  And we did not eat stuffing.    Instead of pumpkin pie Christina baked an apple, pear, cranberry crumble.   The meal was delicious.   Of course we ate turkey, smoked by Andrew.

The kitchen help has been doing a good job.  After dinners, Christina sits down and relaxes while the girls and I clean up after the meal.   I really can't help myself, but I play games to see how fast we can get the job done.   The girls are good sports.  Even Molly helps to clear the table.  

In one month,  Ken and I will join with the Buckley family to celebrate the 60th anniversary of Dave and Irene.   We are being taken on a Caribbean Cruise.   Now for this Thanksgiving, I gave thanks for my family, both immediate and extended.  Hurrah for Families.

No comments: