Wednesday, November 27, 2013

November 27, 2013. Ridgeland, Mississippi. Eggnog.

The first drink of eggnog signals to me that the Holiday Season has begun.    It is the sign in my mind of future fun. At the grocery store this week I bought a quart of eggnog.  It will be the first and last eggnog I will buy.  When I put away the groceries, I poured myself a small glass and cherished it.  I never put liquor in the eggnog so I can enjoy it any time of the day.    Tonight I drank another small glass, but the second glass did not taste so good, perhaps because my first glass was too big and made me queasy.

By the time my quart of eggnog is gone, I will have completed my enjoyment and I will drink no more eggnog this season.  But it is so evocative of the holidays that I love the first drink,  but I want no more.  Last year on Christmas day, Katie served eggnog and it was delicious.  It did not taste the same as when I purchase eggnog at the grocery store and I enjoyed Katie's eggnog.   Hers was light and frothy and was served with a dob of ice cream.  

Some foods and drinks are specific with the event.  Eggnog for me begins the festivities of the season and I love drinking my first glass.  The season has now begun.

No comments: