Thursday, April 10, 2014

April 11, 2014. Sydney, Australia. What To Do.

Having nothing to do has an advantage. I must figure out what I want to do. For most of my life, I have been busy, with a to-do list close at hand. There were always more tasks needing to be done that I could possibly accomplish. But this has not been true on this long journey. Since we left home on December 28, I have made no beds. Neither have I entertained or talked on the phone. I have had nothing that required my time and energy. I must say that it has been fun, figuring out what I really wanted to do.. Mostly I read but my eyes let me down after several hours so to give my eyes a break, I watched TV. I have realized that I will watch any sport. If I don’t understand the game, I try to figure out the rules and strategy. If I am familiar with the game, such as baseball, I enjoy the play and the expertise of the players. On this trip I have watched the world championship of Snooker, a devilishly difficult game that I had never seen played. The NCAA Frozen Four playoffs are being held right now so we are enjoying them. I love baseball but never get to see a game but in Sydney every morning I watch a game on TV while watching breakfast. I have learned that I really do not enjoy watching Rugby, perhaps because I don’t know the rules. Footy I have loved with it’s constant action. In my life, I have watched about ten hours of golf but this year, I bet I watch The Masters. I really have nothing else to do early in the morning in Australia. I bet I will enjoy it.

No comments: