Tuesday, April 15, 2014

April 16, 2014. Noumea, New Caledonia. Watches.

Time seems to be important to me. I have no clue why but if a watch is not on my arm, I am uncomfortable. When we took the journey down the Grand Canyon in the small row boats, all our friends took off their watches as we were instructed by the guides that we would operate by the sun. The plan was to get up at sunrise and go to sleep after dark. Everyone did as they were asked, except me. I like my watch on my wrist, where I can check at any time what is happening to the day. When my watch stopped working in Sydney, I managed without it for 48 hours. There were no batteries to be found in our Mall in Sydney and there are no batteries on the ship so yesterday we found the shop and bought a watch. Now I am a proud owner of a solar powered watch so I will never run of batteries again. It would have been possible to purchase a much less expensive watch, but then I would have been back to the same situation with a watch that would not work, so Ken convinced me to buy the fancy solar powered watch. I think he is tired of hearing me complain!! I am told that people under 40 never use a watch. They use their cell phone to tell time. But I am 76 and I like wearing a watch. Actually, I like watches. In my possession I must have 25 watches and I love every one. The real question is how I managed to leave home with only one watch? Must be old age. Can’t possibly be stupidity!!

No comments: