Monday, February 13, 2023

February 13, 2023. Playa Royale, Nuevo Vallarta. Dick Tracy.

 Many times I hear people speak of "The good old days," as something that was better years ago.   I am sent pictures of the good old days as if the life pictured was superior to the life of today.  I do not subscribe to this attitude.  I like today for no reason other than communications.  For instance, last week I played Dick Tracy.

My friend David N. called me.  My phone was in another room but I could hear it and I could feel my Apple Watch vibrate on my wrist.  So I put my watch up to my mouth and spoke into my watch.  And friend David answered.  We had a brief conversation and we signed off.  And I laughed.  I had just played Dick Tracy just as I could see in the comics where he would talk into his phone.  

When I fell in Nova Scotia in July, David and Suzanne were visiting me.  They immediately went out and bought me an Apple Watch.  They showed me what to do with my phone which included having a phone call to Suzanne, merely by speaking her name.  It worked and I marveled at the technology.  But then I forgot all about the fact that I could make and take a phone call.  But then my phone rang and I answered the call on my phone.  I was just like Dick Tracy.  And I loved it.

No comments: