Saturday, February 4, 2023

February 4, 2023. Hard Rock Resort, Nuevo Vallarta. Cancelling.

 Up until now, I have never cancelled an event, one I had booked a long time in advance.  But I have just cancelled a cruise for the Fall of 2023.  Wendy found about this cruise last year at Playa Royale.  I wanted a cruise to begin in Halifax and she found a Silverseas Line that goes from Halifax down the Eastern Seaboard, stopping at all the cities along the way and ending at Fort Lauderdale.  I had been to all the cities but never from the Ocean.  So I booked the 12 day cruise, beginning at the end of September.

But I began to rethink my decision.  I did fine on the cruise this Spring.  But I have just had a major set back with my walking due to my foot.  I have not been able to do much walking so my legs are still shaky and weak and I am afraid I will not be fit enough by the Fall.  I can now walk without pain but I must build up my stamina bit by bit.  I did not think that I would be able to take any excursions so I finally decided to stop wasting the money.  And I cancelled the cruise.  Now when I leave Nova Scotia I will fly to Mississippi.

The Silverseas Cruise line refunded my deposit and cancelled the cruise for me.   They were nice about it. But I was irritated to hear that they withhold $250 per person as an administration fee.  I objected and told them that it was extortion but to no avail.  Even though I spoke to a boss, they would not budge.  So they stole my $500.  But my cruise on the Silverseas has been cancelled.  I do not know if I am pleased or sad.

No comments: