Thursday, February 16, 2023

February 16, 2023. Playa Royale, Nuevo Vallarta. Wendy and Ken.

Tomorrow afternoon, Wendy and Ken fly home to Hamilton.  I feel as though I am losing my best friends.  Ken found Fake and Fortune which is on YouTube and we have been watching the episodes on our television. And anytime I needed a strong right arm to go up or down stairs in the Hard Rock Ken was always right at my side.  And trouble with my blog he was always ready to fix.  And of course, he cooks dinner every night.  So I appreciate his presence here in Mexico.

Wendy has been doing everything for me.  She has always prepared my breakfast and lunch which we eat on the balcony  But this year she has had additional burdens.  Every other evening she changes the bandage on my foot wound.  And she takes my glucose levels in the morning which she sends to my Mississippi doctor every few weeks.  She has accompanied me to the four doctor appointments and she obtains my medications from the pharmacy.  My legs are so unstable that she makes sure I do not fall when I shower.  In other words, she has been invaluable to me.  To say that I will miss her understates the case.  

Last year, when we were organizing the dates,  Wendy and Ken decided to return  home to Ontario on February 17.  They will have been here since December 19.  But now that they are leaving, I wish they were staying.  Kenny and Anne will still be here with me and Anna and Abe arrive tomorrow to look after me.  But I will miss my Wonderful Wendy and Ken.  We had a great time together.  Now I wish them safe travels.

No comments: