Wednesday, February 15, 2023

February 15, 2023. Playa Royale, Nuevo Vallarta. My Thumb.

Two weeks ago I had a sore spot on the left corner of my thumb so applied Polysporin.  But it got worse instead of better.  Along the cuticle it got red and swollen and seemed to be infected.  Finally last Thursday, we had the doctor at the Hard Rock look at it .  She prescribed antibiotic and a different cream.   And we were to soak it three times a day.  But by Saturday she looked at my thumb again and it had gotten worse so she told me I must go the hospital and have it drained.  We took her advice and took a cab to the small private hospital in PV.  

The surgeon drained the infection and prescribed a stronger antibiotic plus a stronger cream.  And I was to keep it wrapped.  Wendy followed the procedure twice a day.  But it got worse.  It was still swollen and draining.  So yesterday we walked across the street to the hospital.  The doctor in the ER  gave us another cream which included a cortisone, antibiotic cream and an antifungal which we were to use twice a day.  No soaking and no bandage.  And she urged me to see the dermatologist.  Wendy made an appointment for me for today at 5:00.  Interestingly, my thumb looked better this morning, and was not as red or swollen.

Sure enough, we have a new therapy.  I am to finish the strong antibiotic, which ends on Friday.  She thinks that the infection is gone.  It does not look like fungus she said.  And we must allow the skin to heal.  Now I use a cortisone cream, an antibacterial spray and another cream to promote healing.  And I am to return in a week to see her. No bandage.  No soaking.  If it gets worse, I am to call for an appointment . So Wendy and I have seen four doctors in six days .  Now I am hope we are on the right direction.  

This is another thing to try the soul.  Just another in a long series of troubles for me.  But I am still walking and talking and not complaining .  So here we go.

No comments: