Thursday, February 2, 2023

February 2, 2023. Hard Rock Resort, Nuevo Vallarta. Mobility.

For me, mobility is an issue.  I need a walker for me to get around both inside and outside.  And my legs have gotten weak since I have been unable to do much walking.  Ken remembered that my Ken struggled getting around at the Hard Rock when using his walker.   So we were fearful that I would have trouble.  It is true that there are lots of stairs so the first day, the staff hauled me around in the wheelchair.  Our butler even wheeled me down to dinner.  It turns out that every restaurant has a ramp so by the second day, I figured out how I could get to dinner.

We now have dined in every restaurant and have been able to get to those places easily, of course with the help of my friends.  Going down ramps is especially difficult so I hold a rail and an arm when going down any slope.  Using stairs I do the same, holding a rail and a strong arm.  If there is no rail, I hold two arms.  On the level I use my walker and going up a slope is easy.  So I am getting more walking done and so far my wound is not getting red or swollen.

What at first appeared to be a problem for me turns out to be a piece of cake.  Mobility is not a problem, which is a very good thing.  

No comments: