Saturday, February 25, 2023

February 25, 2023. Playa Royale, Nuevo Vallarta. My Thumb.

Yesterday, the dermatologist dismissed me.  I do not need to go to see the doctor any more.  My thumb is in the process of healing.  There is no longer any infection but it is still red and a bit swollen so I must still treat it with three lotions.  But my thumb is healing and does not hurt.

I am in the third part of the treatment where I must perform the drill every other day for a week.  After that I must use the anti bacterial spray every day along with a cream used for healing.  But I am not to use the cortizone.    I am to continue those two items until all the redness disappears which she said may be as much as a month.  The doctor told us that for the best healers, it would take two weeks for my skin to heal.  Unfortunately, I heal very slowly.

The doctor also gave us a small sample that I should use if I get another infection.  As this is the only time I have had an infection at the base of my thumb I hope I do not need to use that cream.  But who knows.  I had no clue where my thumb got infected.  But I will be ready.  For now, I am on the mend!

No comments: