Wednesday, February 8, 2023

February 8, 2023. Hard Rock Resort, Nuevo Vallarta. Stages of Retirement.

Kenny and Anne retired early.  They were around 60.  Their plan was to spend several years cruising around the world in their big sail boat, something that are now doing.  One of Kenny's friends from work told them the three stages of retirement:  First was GO GO.  Next was GO SLOW  And finally was NO GO.

Kenny and Anne are in stage one.  They are enjoying going.  Soon they will sail across the Pacific Ocean to the French Polynesian Islands.  Then on to New Zealand.  This summer they went camping in Northern British Columbia.  They are definitely in the GO GO phase.

I am in the GO SLOW phase.  Ken and I had been in that phase for quite a while.  We went places and did things but did them slowly.  I still spend my time in Nova Scotia and Mexico but I don't do much when I am there except enjoy the weather.  I am definitely in the GO SLOW phase of retirement.

For the past two summers, Dave and Irene have not come to Nova Scotia.  They have decided that staying home is easier than going anywhere.  They are happy staying at home.  They have arrived at the third stage of retirement, the NO GO phase.  And they are happy staying at home.

It is fun being a part of the GO GO phase for Kenny and Anne. I am happy for them.

No comments: