Sunday, November 12, 2023

November 12, 2023 Madison, Mississippi Pretty Nifty

 Greetings, all! This is Kate Dickie on the blog. For those of you that may not know me, I am the eldest (and tallest) of the granddaughters. This weekend was the first time in a long time that we were all able to be together as a group. And what a lovely weekend it was. We had a marvelous time yesterday, as we spent the day playing games, eating food, and, as Grandma says, "putting our feet up". Some of us found ourselves tired out by all the fun we were having, so we took it upon ourselves to take a nap. It was the perfect refresher that gave us plenty of energy to take on the sushi smorgasbord that my mom (Christina) and Uncle David picked up. It was absolutely delicious and we enjoyed every bite. 

This afternoon we brought Grandma some lunch, and spent some time in the TV room chatting. I announced that I had the perfect ending to the blog post I had written in my head, and Grandma urged me to write this post while I as here, before I fly home to South Carolina. Earlier today my sister and I were discussing blog topics, and we thought, what better topic than some of our favorite Grandma-isms? So here I will provide you with a list. 

1) "Always have a plan." 

This ensures that you are preparing for your future. It is also good to have a backup plan. And a backup plan for your backup plan. 

2) "Pave the way with petals instead of thorns"

Tact and diplomacy go a long way to serve you in the long run.

3) You can get along with anyone by finding one thing you like about them. 

Then you just focus on that good quality, and try not to linger on any negative traits. 

4) "Sometimes, you just get lucky"

This is one of my favorites. Especially after a lovely weekend with the whole family, because I agree. Sometimes, you just get lucky.

3 comments:

Peppy Walsh said...

I can’t tell you how many times Ruth made those observations to all of us at the office. She revolutionized the way way Real Estate should be conducted! One in a million. I will always be grateful to have been part of her life!

Rita dickie said...

Dear Kate, so happy that you granddaughters wrote on grammas blog. It’s been a long time since we all saw you,. You were fortunate to have had a kool grandma. I’ve been keeping in touch with you on face book. I miss all of you, much love to all. Rita 💕💕

Greg Milward said...

Kate, Please know that Ruth and your entire family are in my thoughts and prayers...

Greg Milward
Tucson, AZ