Thursday, November 23, 2023

November 23rd, 2023 - My life in Mississippi

 Fortunately the weather in Mississippi has been beautiful.  Every day has been sunny with spots of rain, but the next two days will be heavy rain.   The TV lady tells me that it will be raining, but who knows?  

My life is not so easy because I am bound by pain medication and nausea medication.  If I miss pain medication,  I'm uncomfortable.  If I am miserable from the pain, my nausea gets worse.  It seems at 10:00 and 9:00 in the morning, I can regulate my medication, but the rest of the times, I don't do so well.  I am still walking and talking, but mostly I can only do one thing at a time.  Seems pitiful, but that's the way life is.  I will speak to the hospice nurse tomorrow to see if we can do a better job.  It seems that I should be able to do a better job.  Our festive Thanksgiving feast was delightful, cooked by Christina at my house.  Our traditional steak was delightful!  But unfortunately, I couldn't eat much.  Maybe I'll do better tomorrow.

Love,

Ruth

No comments: