Thursday, November 9, 2023

November 9, 2023 Madison, Mississippi, Guest Writer

 Hi everyone, it's Suzanne Dickie, Ruth's daughter in law.  David and I are visiting here in Mississippi and Ruth asked me to write her blog tonight as her guest writer.  We arrived this morning after an easy two flights from San Antonio through Houston then landing in Jackson. Ruth has had a few visitors as well as us in the house so, it has been a busy day of chatting and catching up.  We forget how lovely the view is from the house over looking the reservoir; very peaceful and serene. Ruth has a wonderful community of friends here who check in on her and share their gifts of food and friendship.  It was nice to meet a few of them today.  Ruth is in good spirits and as she would say, she is "walking and talking".  We are looking forward to spending time with her, helping as we are needed and simply being together.  The whole Dickie family will be here this weekend --all the grand daughters--which has not happened in a long time. I expect that Saturday, the house will be filled with laughter,  conversation and fun! Memories will be made and we are thankful to be together with Ruth.  

3 comments:

Marilyn Rice said...

I am so glad you are there with Ruth. I have followed her blogs since she started them and they have been a source of entertainment and inspiration to me. I see that they are probably going to end soon and that makes me sad. But I have been privileged to share in her long and happy life.

Marilyn Rice

Greg Milward said...

Hi Suzanne, What a wonderful weekend you have planned for Ruth. I have followed Ruth's "Ramblings" for several years. Enjoy your visit with Ruth and please give her by best.

Greg Milward,
Tucson, AZ

Rita dickie said...

Hi Suzanne,
So happy that Thera ily will all be at Ruth’s on the weekend. I’m so glad that we rekindled our friendship at the 40th in parry sound. Since the. We have been in constant contact with Ken and ruth. We have travelled to PA, Texas, Mississippi, Mexico, and Nova Scotia. We got to know you, David the girls and Andrew and Christine and their girls. Ruth’s decision is a hard one, for all. I understand enough is enough. I pray for her and all of you on this journey. Ian and I are grateful that we have gotten to know all of you thru Ruth. Hopefully the granddaughters will write on her b.og this weekend. Please give her a big hug from Ian and I..she is in my thoughts and prayers. Much love to all of you. Rita and Ian (cousins). 💕💕