Friday, November 24, 2023

November 24, 2023 Madison, Mississippi - The Ghost Writer

This is an unusual situation where Donna and Anne Avery get absolutely no credit for writing this blog. We discuss the topic of the day but then I dictate to them what we are going to say. I speak the words and either Anne Avery or Donna write the words and then it gets published under my name on my blog. They are okay with that situation and I appreciate it. I have very often read books and that I knew that had been written by other people and I know for sure that other people wrote that book. Not the names that are supposed to be the writer of the book. Sometimes they are written as a ghost writer and sometimes not credited at all and I have never felt that that is fair. There are good authors whose work sell very well who always credited 30% of the profit for the ghost writer and I have always approved of that. So I will always credit 30% of my profit to Donna and Anne Avery and 50% of 0 is 0, that is very little. But the whole concept of ghost writing in the world of literature is very interesting. There is actually a long history of ghost writing now that they track people's words on the computer and determine whose writing is actually this author or the other author. They determine there is a large percentage of the writing that we ever knew before. So this week, Anne Avery is now home from college and we are enjoying it. But soon she will be gone again and Donna and I will be back again working. That is the story of todays blog. A little bit of nothing. Love, Ruth. 

No comments: