Tuesday, July 13, 2010

July 13, 2010. Chevy Chase, Md. My Car Again.

It is definitely a design flaw. On a hot day, if the windows are kept closed and the sun is shining on the car, the rear view mirror falls off the windshield, to which it is attached. If I forget to keep a window open a bit, upon my return, the rear view mirror is dangling from the top of the car and swings around whenever I turn a corner. Of course, I also can not see out the mirror. I have trained myself to open the windows just a bit on those hot summer days of Washington. At least eight times since I have owned the car I have been required to stick the mirror back in place, or rather, have the mirror stuck back in place. I have learned that they do it better than I do.

This morning, I sat down on the drivers seat to discover I was sitting in a puddle of water. I did not even know it rained last night but just a little bit of open window allowed just enough rain water to pool on my seat. I just continued on to work, hoping that my wet seat would dry in the heat and it did. By ten o'clock I had a dry seat but it did look odd. The passenger seat was dry as a bone while my seat was wet. I keep a rag handy in the car if I know that it had rained, but this morning early I just jumped into the car without thinking about a thing. But I figured that at least it was only water!!

No comments: