Wednesday, July 21, 2010

July 21, 2010. Western Head, N.S. Bel Canto.

Ann Patchett wrote the book 'Bel Canto' and it is a wonderful book. I bought the book along with a big pile of other books at a charity auction. My friend Mary spied the pile and spotted Bel Canto and asked to read it. I was busy reading other books so I lent the book to her. She returned it to me last week and I read it immediately. I have enjoyed the writing and the plot. It is a good read. Such few words to describe the feelings of the characters. Just a hint rather than whole descriptions of actions and feelings. It is a wonderful book.

The weather here in Western Head has made reading difficult. The air is cool while the sun is bright so being outside is imperative, thus leaving little time to read. But now I have finished the book and will not start another while I keep these characters in my mind. A good book gives so much pleasure lasting long after the book is finished the reading.